Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is BoB?
BoB is Learning on Screen’s on demand TV and radio service for education that lets you record and view TV and radio online. View on campus or at home (UK only).
BoB is available to staff, students and researchers at member universities and colleges across the UK.
- Access 2.7 million broadcasts dating back to the 1990s
- Record from over 75 free-to-air channels
- A permanent archive of content from nine channels: BBC1 London / BBC2 / BBC4 / ITV London / Channel 4 / More4 / Channel 5 / BBC Radio 4 / BBC Radio 4 Extra
- BBC Shakespeare Archive content dating back to the 1950s
- Create playlists, clips and clip compilations
- Search programme transcripts and subtitles
- Available on all devices
You can access BoB by clicking on the icon below or via the library home page.
The first time you log in you will need to verify your account. To do this enter your university email address and agree to the terms and conditions of use.
If you have any problems logging in, please contact us.
In order to use BoB you need to have a modern browser installed:
- Internet Explorer 11 (or later)
- Edge 12 (or later)
- Mozilla Firefox 44 (or later)
- Safari 8 (or later)
- Google Chrome 48 (or later)
Earlier versions of these browsers may work with BoB but are not supported.
The ERA licence and BoB
The University's ERA (Education Recording Agency) licence permits registered users to record off-air broadcasts by ERA's members (including the main terrestrial channels), for non-commercial educational purposes.